My photo
Just a student on a mission...

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Mexico only = Spring Break? Apparently!

Earlier today I was on the "Hoy" newspaper website, just browsing and looking for interesting information.

Because this spanish-language daily publication usually does a good job of reporting Latin American issues, (or at least dedicating more than the momentary headline other publications do), I like comparing my finds on this site and balancing my news feeds.

Anyway, while clicking through the main page I saw the following post:

"Pictures: 5 wildest spring break spots"

 I clicked on it, and you know what was really peculiar? For a Spanish-language publication, the caption description of the actual picture slide show was all written in English!

Check it out...the top THREE spring break vacation spots are all in Mexico:

Acapulco, Mexico(Photo by CLAUDIO VARGAS/AFP/Getty Images

 
"Who doesn't need an excuse to break out the swimsuit and sunscreen and hit the beach? The five wildest spring break spots for 2010 are: Acapulco (Mexico), Cancun (Mexico), Daytona Beach (Florida), Key West/Miami (Florida) and South Padre Island (Texas)"
Moreover, the AP published a similar article:  "Mexico's Spring Break King Rebounds", basically advertising and summarizing the popular trend of heading south for spring break vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment