My photo
Just a student on a mission...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Zapatistas, Globalization, and the Mass Media

I want to share an interesting youtube clip I came upon not too long ago.

Originally, my intent was to share this video in my group presentation, because I feel it answers part of the "interesting" category-question of the Mexican media market.Subcomandante Marcos (shown in the clip) makes some startling and truly gripping comments in regards to the mass media and its intertwined role with economical globalization. And how consequently, the negative aspects, the receiver, so-called "minorities" of the short end of the stick in a capitalist society see themselves in caught in this idealistic/actual perception of reality....a cause for which he, and Zapatistas, wish to voice and continue to struggle.

It's a very intriguing video....and I'm sorry to say the English translation does not even come close to capturing the full effect originally voiced :/

No comments:

Post a Comment